Sourced From ActivistPost.com
- Radioactivity levels in the ocean 4,385 times above regulatory limit
- Fisherman warned not to operate within 12 miles of plant
- Compensation claims could top $12bn
- Power firm’s shares lose 80% of value – may need government bailout
- President still recovering in hospital recovering from ‘fatigue and stress’
- U.S. sends specialist Marine unit to assist in decontamination
- Traces of radioactive particles found in U.S. milk
|Fukushima Meltdown/Wikimedia-Digital Globe image|
Japan has finally conceded defeat in the battle to contain radiation at four of its crippled reactors and they will be closed down.
Details of how this will be done are yet to be revealed, but officials said it would mean switching off all power and abandoning attempts to keep the nuclear fuel rods cool.
The final move would involve pouring tonnes of concrete on the reactors to seal them in tombs and ensure radiation does not leak out.