Israel Psyops and Propaganda in American Campuses – AIPAC-Trained Activists Make the Case for the U.S.-Israel “Relationship”

Israel Psyops and Propaganda in American Campuses

www.DailyTeaParty.com
Peter Porteous November 26, 2010

AIPAC openly brags on its website about their psyops and propaganda campaigns on Americans, hoping to keep the unconstitutional foreign aid to Israel pumping.   An operation that nets them well over 3 billion dollars a year on “aid.”  With some sites claiming the total is more than 5 billion!  Money that affords them a very sophisticated worldwide spying network.  Alternet.org says “Israel runs one of the most aggressive and damaging espionage networks targeting the U.S., yet public discussion about it is almost nil.”

Americans are awakening and demanding a return to Constitutional Governance. And of course foreign aid is NOT allowed in the Constitution. The Tenth Amendment Center writes:

“The US Constitution was written under what is referred to as “positive grant.” In short, what this means is that the federal government is authorized to engage in only those activities specifically authorized by the Constitution. Positive = authorized activities. Grant = specifically listed.

Just to make sure this principle was legally codified, the Tenth Amendment was included:

“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

There is no authorization to pay for relief in Myanmar. There is no authorization to prop up dictators in places like Pakistan with your money. There is no authorization to spend your money on “military assistance” for other countries. There is no authorization to funnel money through the CIA to support regime changes. The Constitution was written in plain English – there is nothing there which authorizes the federal government to take your money and give it to foreign governments. For any reason.”

AIPAC runs an incredibly influential lobbying machine that can and does ask many congressmen to make the ‘interests’ of Israel their priority; some say even before the interests of the States they were elected to represent. pro-Israel successes cited by AIPAC include House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), as well as Eric Cantor (R-VA) and Steny Hoyer (D-MD), Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), Reps. John Boehner (R-OH).

Israel and AIPAC target christian churches to further their goals:

“During the early 1980s the Israeli Ministry of Tourism recruited evangelical religious leaders for free “familiarization” tours. In time, hundreds of evangelical pastors got free trips to the Holy Land. The purpose of such promotional tours was to enable people of even limited influence to experience Israel for themselves and be shown how they might bring their own tour group to Israel. The Ministry of Tourism was interested in more than tourist dollars: here was a way of building a solid corps of non-Jewish supporters for Israel in the United States by bringing large numbers of evangelicals to hear and see Israel’s story for themselves. The strategy caught on.

Getting American evangelicals to travel to Israel was only half of the Israeli strategy. The other half was to create a politically-engaged, pro-Israel force among conservative American Christians in the United States. Shortly after the Six-Day War, elements within the Israeli government saw the potential power of the evangelical subculture and began to mobilize it as a base of support that could influence American foreign policy. The Israeli government sent Yona Malachy of its Department of Religious Affairs to the United States to study American fundamentalism and its potential as an ally of Israel. Malachy was warmly received by fundamentalists and was able to influence some of them to issue strong pro-Israeli manifestos. By the mid-1980s, there was a discernible shift in the Israeli political strategy. The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), the Jewish state’s major lobbying group in Washington, D.C., started re-aligning itself with the American political right-wing, including Christian conservatives. Israel’s timing was perfect…”

The question that any thinking American must ask is; What do we get for our money, and of the broad support  for Israel their propaganda operations garner?

The answer according to Jewish scholars John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt (and we mention their religion only to assuage, the sure to come and unfounded accusations of antisemitism):

“Israel… does not behave like a loyal ally. Israeli officials frequently ignore US requests and renege on promises (including pledges to stop building settlements and to refrain from ‘targeted assassinations’ of Palestinian leaders). Israel has provided sensitive military technology to potential rivals like China, in what the State Department inspector-general called ‘a systematic and growing pattern of unauthorised transfers’. According to the General Accounting Office, Israel also ‘conducts the most aggressive espionage operations against the US of any ally’. In addition to the case of Jonathan Pollard, who gave Israel large quantities of classified material in the early 1980s (which it reportedly passed on to the Soviet Union in return for more exit visas for Soviet Jews), a new controversy erupted in 2004 when it was revealed that a key Pentagon official called Larry Franklin had passed classified information to an Israeli diplomat. Israel is hardly the only country that spies on the US, but its willingness to spy on its principal patron casts further doubt on its strategic value…”

We must add that Israel’s lobbying for the recent un-constitutional wars in the Middle East is detrimental to the States, and that our support of Israel’s influence on the region increases the Muslim radicalisation and therefore adds to the excuses used to void our Bill of Rights and the accompanying unconstitutional custody searches of Americans at TSA check points.

Many of Israeli trained or paid apologists are sure to use their canned reply that Israel is but a iffy little country in the Middle East, a David in a land of Goliaths, etc. Mearsheimer and Walt say:

“Israel’s strategic value isn’t the only issue. Its backers also argue that it deserves unqualified support because it is weak and surrounded by enemies; it is a democracy; the Jewish people have suffered from past crimes and therefore deserve special treatment; and Israel’s conduct has been morally superior to that of its adversaries. On close inspection, none of these arguments is persuasive. There is a strong moral case for supporting Israel’s existence, but that is not in jeopardy. Viewed objectively, its past and present conduct offers no moral basis for privileging it over the Palestinians.

Israel is often portrayed as David confronted by Goliath, but the converse is closer to the truth. Contrary to popular belief, the Zionists had larger, better equipped and better led forces during the 1947-49 War of Independence, and the Israel Defence Forces won quick and easy victories against Egypt in 1956 and against Egypt, Jordan and Syria in 1967 – all of this before large-scale US aid began flowing. Today, Israel is the strongest military power in the Middle East. Its conventional forces are far superior to those of its neighbours and it is the only state in the region with nuclear weapons. Egypt and Jordan have signed peace treaties with it, and Saudi Arabia has offered to do so. Syria has lost its Soviet patron, Iraq has been devastated by three disastrous wars and Iran is hundreds of miles away. The Palestinians barely have an effective police force, let alone an army that could pose a threat to Israel. According to a 2005 assessment by Tel Aviv University’s Jaffee Centre for Strategic Studies, ‘the strategic balance decidedly favours Israel…”

We as Americans understand that this latest crisis is the result of our government growing too big, of government having too many goodies to give to those who lobby them and shower them with privileges and tools for re-election, of government having too much money from our taxes, from its ability to print money from the Federal Reserve at will.

We understand that Israel and its American lobby is taking advantage that we have failed to constrain our government to its proper size, to the size the Constitution allowed it.

And we know that in order for the United States to come back to prosperity we must have Liberty, and we must Restore the Constitutional Republic. We must be truthful with ourselves and not spare any lobby from the cleansing light of truth. And that includes AIPAC and the rest of the Israeli lobbies. We see them as helping to erode our Freedoms and prosperity by lobbying against the Constitution.

Below is the post from AIPAC showing how they try to control American opinion to favor Israel:

AIPAC-Trained Activists Make the Case for the U.S.-Israel Relationship

AIPAC’s Leadership Development Deparment works with thousands of students across the country.

Newspapers and websites across the country have published more than a dozen opinion articles written by AIPAC-trained student activists. The articles focus on the strategic advantages of America’s partnership with Israel, highlighting Israeli contributions to American military preparedness, counter-terrorism strategies and key technological advancements. The opinion pieces have appeared in major student publications at the University of Michigan, the University of California-Berkeley, the University of Florida, Washington University in St. Louis and several other American colleges and universities. Throughout the fall semester, AIPAC campus activists have engaged student leaders and political officials to emphasize the value of the U.S.-Israel alliance. Using a variety of outlets and platforms, these students will continue to demonstrate that the state of Israel remains an indispensable ally and tremendous asset to the United States.

Activists, you can see that Israeli lobby is in the midst of a frantic campaign to garner popular support for their interests and our money.  Our Republic can not afford to let that campaign and their propaganda go unanswered.  This is after all.. A principled Educational Constitutional Revolution!

[Note: We find the sure to come accusations of antisemitism to be despicable and un-American.  We feel that those accusations no longer work for them, but against them.]

Related article:

The Israel -Zionist Propaganda Manual – How to Control American Public Opinion on the Israeli Wars