The Future of Freedom Foundation
But Obama Is a Socialist
by Jacob G. Hornberger
Liberals supporters of Barack Obama become really upset when people call him a socialist. They say that such an accusation is so outrageous that it falls within the category of “extreme” or “fringe.”
Consider the following four countries: Cuba, China, North Korea, and Vietnam.
Wouldn’t everyone concede that all four of those countries have socialist systems?
Let’s list some of the key programs and policies that are common to all four of those socialist countries:
1. Government provided retirement pay to senior citizens (i.e., Social Security).
2. Government provided health care (i.e., Medicare and Medicaid).
3. Government-provided, mandatory education to people’s children (i.e., public schooling).
4. Government-provided unemployment compensation.
5. Government-provided welfare payments.
6. Government central planning of monetary affairs (i.e., a Federal Reserve).
7. Government management of the economy….
Continue Reading>>>> http://www.fff.org/blog/jghblog2010-09-24.asp
Please sign up! And help us “Reclaim the Tea Party!”
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A MEMBER of our community and you can join the discussion, meet new people and help us select the candidates and issues for 2010. If your are already a member CLICK HERE TO POST CONTENT News or commentary!:
Grand Launch on October 1st!